Welcome to The Valley!
After two years of being off to sea, the founders of Valley Ray Academy decided to build a school on land. So if your a victim of chronic sea sickness, here's your chance to experience all the program has to offer! Join as a high school student or a local to get the roleplaying started.
Welcome to The Valley!
After two years of being off to sea, the founders of Valley Ray Academy decided to build a school on land. So if your a victim of chronic sea sickness, here's your chance to experience all the program has to offer! Join as a high school student or a local to get the roleplaying started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
How to Roleplay (MUST READ) Tumblr_n2eea37tkM1sh7kt4o1_250
Welcome to Valley, California; A quaint little seaside town full of youthful spirit and all kinds of culture. Register with your first and last name like so: Amanda Bynes, and experience Valley life for yourself. Enjoy your stay!
Latest topics
» Posy Jane Attwater
How to Roleplay (MUST READ) I_icon_minitimeby Alex Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:22 pm

» Razor Jason Williams *Application*
How to Roleplay (MUST READ) I_icon_minitimeby Kena Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:30 pm

» Raymond Kings
How to Roleplay (MUST READ) I_icon_minitimeby Kena Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:05 pm

» Application Form
How to Roleplay (MUST READ) I_icon_minitimeby Kena Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:00 pm

» Andrew Medrano
How to Roleplay (MUST READ) I_icon_minitimeby Kena Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:55 pm

» THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS
How to Roleplay (MUST READ) I_icon_minitimeby Guest Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:18 am

» Kya Everson
How to Roleplay (MUST READ) I_icon_minitimeby Alex Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:01 pm

» Cadence Redd
How to Roleplay (MUST READ) I_icon_minitimeby Kena Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:51 pm

» London Anarchy
How to Roleplay (MUST READ) I_icon_minitimeby Alex Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:49 pm

Events
Opening - TBA
More Events Coming Soon!

How to Roleplay (MUST READ)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kena
Admin
Admin
Kena

How to Roleplay (MUST READ) Empty
PostSubject: How to Roleplay (MUST READ)   How to Roleplay (MUST READ) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 5:08 pm

What Is Roleplaying?

Here are some guidelines on how to roleplay. First, let's ask a simple question- what is roleplaying? Roleplaying is acting as a character, in existence or made up, and interact with other characters.

Now, I'll teach you how to roleplay. Basically, when you're roleplaying, you should imagine you're writing the final draft of a story that's about to be published. When your character, or another character, is talking, it should be in quotations. Using correct spelling and grammar is a must. And you should be writing like you're writing a novel, too: your character is the second person narrator. For example, I might say, in a post:

Maxie wrote:
Quote :
Maxie walked into Mr. Malina's classroom to see him in the middle of a lesson. "My bad!" she said, not really caring.
And then he might say:

Mr. Malina wrote:
Quote :
"It's okay, Miss Ramirez. Have a seat, IN THE FRONT!" he replied, irritated that she didn't care enough to even SOUND it.

Powerplaying:

Something you shouldn't do is powerplaying. Powerplaying is when you take control of another character. This can be very aggravating, especially if the person does something annoying. For example:

Maxie wrote:
Quote :
Mr. Malina said, "SIT DOWN." she was mad that he would yell at her like that, "TAKE. A. SEAT." He repeated.

I hate it when people do really short posts, like:

Maxie wrote:
Quote :
She got mad.

Maxie wrote:
Quote :
She stood.

Maxie wrote:
Quote :
She laughed.

And so on... and it gets quite boring to read. Please put some effort into your posts; if you're going to post like that, combine it all into one post. I'm not saying your post has to be lecture-long, just make it interesting to read.

I hope you have an enjoyable time roleplaying! Any questions? Post them below!
Back to top Go down
https://thevalleyrp.rpg-board.net

How to Roleplay (MUST READ)
Page 1 of 1